Sad to see MeeGo rolled into something else but it really never had a chance.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
I was willing to get over last weeks no-show from her but today pushed it over the edge. Cait had been calling her the fat lady and I was reprimanding her... Baby girl, you can now call her whatever you want.
On a side note, I am thankful she has the best kindergarten teacher ever.
Sent from my iPhone
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
The walk4hearing helps support advances in Technology - which you all know I am obsessed with.
If you are in PA this Sunday please come by and walk with us, the kids would be so happy. If you can't stop by we would all appreciate it if you would help this cause by donating what you can.
Please use this link to donate.
Amplify’d from hlaa.convio.net
Caitlyn & Conor's Walk4Hearing Page
As many of you may know, both Caitlyn and Conor have hearing loss. Caitlyn (5.5yrs old) was diagnosed with bilateral Sensorineural Hearing Loss in the mild/moderate range and has been aided since 3 months old. Thankfully this was caught early and she is on target with her hearing peers.
Conor was also diagnosed in August 09 with bilateral Sensorineural Hearing Loss in the mild/moderate range. He has had his hearing aids since he was 4 months old.
We are fortunate that both kids received an early diagnoisis and will be on track for typical speech development. I wish I could say that I was surprised when we found out about Conor's hearing loss but I almost expected it. Our next step is to start genetic testing and see where that takes our family. If your kid is delayed in speech or you think he/she may not hear you - please don't take the wait and see approach. Be proactive. As parents we are the kids only true advocate.
My family will be participating in the Walk4Hearing to support all those with hearing loss. I need your support to make this event a success. Please take a moment to sponsor my efforts. Thanks!
Saturday, September 17, 2011
1. Stop drinking alcohol
2. Go home
3. Don't puke in the car on the way home.
4. Get a sugary drink - Gatorade works the best but I was stuck with a damn capri sun tonight.
5. Grab a handful of mortin, take with sugary drink.
6. Eat a slice of bread. I had fresh pumpkin bread that I made this morning so initially I thought it was a good idea. I'm now rethinking that and should have gone with the standard store bought because I put extra flax seed in the pumpkin bread. That may not be a winning combo with all this alcohol.
7. Drink an entire bottle of water before passing out.
8. Lastly, brush your teeth so it doesn't taste like you were licking the cats litter box.