Sunday, December 13, 2009

2 kids, 4 hearing aids and living life

So... almost 4 years ago I found out that my daughter had mild/moderate bilateral sensorineural hearingloss. We found out shortly after she was born Dec 20th, 2005. It was a complete shock and quite honestly we had no idea what to expect. We have taken everything one day at a time to our pleasant surprise she is a great joy to be around.

Like I mentioned in the title, there are 2 kids in our little family with the same hearingloss... yup, 3.5 years later my sweet Conor came into this world with the exact same loss. At least this time we were prepared. It only makes him that much more special.

With the hearing aids I get questions all the time about the kids.

What can they hear?
Are they completely deaf?
Will it ever get better?
What's that in their ears?

Those are the most common questions plus a whole lot of people stare. I would rather have people ask about them because the more they ask the more I can educate!

I wanted to start this blog so people can understand that they are typical little kids that like the same things as their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment