Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Now that was painful!

Tuesday morning and I'm waking up at Paoli Hospital. It is amazing how comfortable the bed is in my room compared to the ER. The staff here has been so nice but I am anxious to go home today.

Over the past few months I've had bad pain in my lower right abdomen and it all came to a head this weekend. Sunday I felt really crappy and in pain. If you know me, you know I just tried to deal with it the best I could. I tried taking a nap and getting a ton of fluids. No amount of rest was helping.

By the time I woke yesterday morning I could barely walk the pain in my abdomen was so great. But I still pushed through and took Conor to the dentist for an emergency visit. Once we got back home I tried to get caught up on some work for a few hours. The pain was progressively getting worse so I lay down for a little bit. That only hurt more.

At 4pm I decided to take Caitlyn to her TaeKwonDo class. Waves of pain getting worse and worse but it helped take my mind off by watching her truly excel at a sport. We made it back home and I was afraid to eat... Knew it was just going to come right back up. Conor was being exceptionally clingy; I think he sensed the pain I was in but holding him was killing me.

I finally gave in after the kids ate dinner and was brought into the ER. The ride here was horrendous. Every bump was exaggerated by the pain I was in.

The ER is new since having Conor at this hospital 2 years ago and very nice. They did my triage and immediately brought me back -- thank you for not making me wait!!

Once in my little room they hooked me up with an IV and took a crap load of blood. Within being here for 30 min they had ultrasound waiting to take me down. They gave me some pain meds before sending and anti-nausea stuff so I'd stop vomiting.

--the pain meds did not touch the pain--
During the U/S I did my best to try to keep it together but had a hard time. She was gentle and understanding. I was sent back to my room in the ER and they gave me even more pain meds... This truly messed me up. I was a wreck, couldn't walk or move much. The pain was minimized though so I guess worth it in the long run.

The U/S results came back and the 4cm cyst on my right ovary had burst. That explains all the pain. They also told me the lab results -- low blood count near transfusion level, potassium was so low that they gave me pills right then (of course I puked them up) and low iron.

The doctor admitted me and brought me upstairs to my room. I would sleep for 20 min and wake again. Not much sleep last night but it really is a comfortable bed.

Time for my washcloth bath... I'll try ordering my breakfast after that and if I can keep the food down I'll request to go home.

Oh I am scheduled for a hysteroscopy on Monday and I asked if they could do it while I am here now and they pretty much said no. That has been the only disappointing factor.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment